What is the difference between Semiconductor & Fuel Cell breathalyzers?
Breathalyzer is the most common method of testing for blood-alcohol content in use today. If the device is calibrated and used according to the manufacturer's directions, it can provide an accurate estimate of your blood alcohol level.
There are two primary categories of breathalyzers based on the sensor technology used:
Semiconductor Sensor Breathalyzer – Semiconductor breathalyzers are preferred by many due to their low cost, low power consumption, and small size. Semiconductor breathalyzers are good, affordable options for personal use.
Fuel Cell Sensor Breathalyzer – Fuel cell breathalyzers are the choice for users who want a more accurate device. Fuel cell breathalyzers provide more accurate and consistent BAC results, have a much longer lifespan than semiconductor devices.
- AT7000 alcohol tester — fast and accurate breath alcohol testing
- What does your personal breathalyzer really tell you?
- AT188 Personal alcohol tester - Hanwei Electronics's new breath alc
- Understanding personal breathalyzer fuel cell sensor performance
- How to find the right personal breathalyzer for your family
- >>Previous: How to find the right personal breathalyzer for yourself
- >>Next: The pros and cons of fuel cell breathalyzer