What Industries Need a Portable Breathalyzer?
Portable breathalyzers are convenient, handheld breath alcohol concentration (BAC) testing devices that can be carried in a pocket, bag or on a keychain. The hand held breathalyzers have digital display, these are easy to use and provide accurate readings.
Portable breathalyzers estimate the concentration of alcohol in the body by measuring the amount of alcohol exhaled from the lungs.
How do I use a portable breathalyzer?
Using a portable breathalyzer is simple, the user must blow into the nozzle of the tester for a few seconds in a steady stream. The breathalyzer will indicate when to start and stop, but this usually lasts for about 5 seconds. Sensors within a portable breathalyzer will then measure the alcohol level of air in the lungs, and displays the BAC (Blood Alcohol Concentration) up to 3 or 4 digits.
Among portable breathalyzers, there are those that use semiconductor technology, and those that use fuel cell sensors. For example, the breathalyzers used by law enforcement predominantly use fuel cell technology. Professional Fuel Cell breathalyzers offer extremely high accuracy and sensitivity.
View Professional Fuel Cell Breathalyzers
Portable breathalyzers with a semiconductor oxide sensor is considered a “basic” unit. These units are small and may even fit on a keychain but aren’t as accurate as fuel cell units. Semiconductor breathalyzers — offer users a more affordable means to gauge their BAC.
Who uses portable breathalyzers?
Portable breathalyzers are not required by law. Some instances in which a portable breathalyzer might be used include:
- Personal monitoring
- Law enforcement
- Work places (in which safety is paramount)
- Research industries
- Medical clinics
- AT7000 alcohol tester — fast and accurate breath alcohol testing
- What does your personal breathalyzer really tell you?
- How to find the right personal breathalyzer for your family
- AT188 Personal alcohol tester - Hanwei Electronics's new breath alc
- Understanding personal breathalyzer fuel cell sensor performance
- >>Previous: The Importance of A Personal BAC Alcohol Tester
- >>Next: Tips on How to Pick The Personal Breathalyzers